“Crank That (Soulja Boy)” Hits #1 on Three Charts
SANTA MONICA, CA -- Seventeen-year-old rap phenom Soulja Boy Tell’em is being heard loud and clear on phones across America as “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” has become the #1 Master Tone in the country--#1 on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, #3 on T-Mobile. The digital single has also shot to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 (issue date September 15) and, of course, is #1 Digital as well.
“It feels good to be #1,” said Soulja Boy Tell’em, who also wrote and produced the song. “Now I’m ready to make the album do the same thing!” His debut album, souljaboytellem.com (Collipark Music/Interscope Records), will be released October 2, 2007.
During just this last week more than 186,000 ringtones of “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” were sold, bringing its total to more than 600,000. For each of the past three weeks, the song’s sales have risen 40+ percent over the previous week.
Said Interscope A&R rep DJ Mormile: “From the day Mr. Collipark introduced me to Soulja Boy Tell’em, I knew we had someone and something special. Most of the time these super reactive records are about one-hit wonders, but Soulja Boy is on the scene to stay.”
Written by DJ Z on 09/5/07
You Might Like...
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.