Confidence Remixes ‘90s Classics on “ReCon” Mixtape
Long before YouTube dance crazes, auto-tuned rappers and Twitter beef there was the '90s, a time when emcees cared about their craft and hip-hop was at its dopest. It's no surprise then that up-and-coming MA beathsmith Confidence chose to reach back to rap's golden era for his debut mixtape, "ReCon", an hour long project that resurrects 16 mid-'90s classics for your listening pleasure. And as if that wasn't enough, DJ Grazzhoppa, the 1991 European DMC champ, cuts & mixes the tracks together, showcasing turntablism at its finest hour (celebrity DJs & Serato newbies need not apply).
"ReCon' features some of the '9's most time-honored cuts, ranging from O.C.'s "Time's Up", Black Moon's "How Many Emcees" and CNN's "T.O.N.Y." to some underground treasures circa Stretch & Bobbito, including Big L's "American Dream" & Big Noyd's "Recognize & Realize". The only thing "ReCon' is missing is a tape deck...don't sleep!
Download link is underneath the tracklist:
01. Danger - Blahzay Blahzay
02. Things Done Changed - Biggie
03. Flava In Ya Ear (Remix) - Craig Mack feat. Biggie, Rampage, LL Cool J & Busta Rhymes
04. Times Up - O.C.
05. Freaky Flow - Special Ed
06. T.O.N.Y. - Capone-N-Noreaga
07. Recognize & Realize - Big Noyd feat. Prodigy
08. Stick To Ya Gunz - M.O.P. feat. Kool G Rap
09. American Dream - Big L feat. Herb McGruff, Murda Mase, Killa Kam & Bloodshed
10. D.W.Y.C.K. - Gang Starr
11. On The Run - Kool G Rap
12. Brainstorm - Lord Finesse feat. O.C. & KRS-One
13. How Many Emcees - Black Moon
14. Life's A Bitch - Nas feat. AZ
15. Criminology - Raekwon
16. Crooklyn Dodgers - Buckshot, Masta Ace & Special Ed