Common Launches Common Ground Foundation to Help Urban Youth
San Francisco, CA -- Grammy winning artist, actor and children's author Lonnie Rashid Lynn, known as "Common", has announced the launch of The Common Ground Foundation, Inc. The foundation will be overseen by Executive Director Jodie Blum, and is dedicated to the empowerment and development of urban youth through education.
Common, whose socially conscious music serves as inspiration for equality, opportunity and hope among youth in underserved communities, states, "I always believed that if we started with the youth then we would be planting the seeds for our future to blossom."
Additionally, The Common Ground Foundation supports and focuses on AIDS/HIV prevention programs targeted towards youth and young adults, reaching beyond our national borders to serve communities throughout Africa.
The Grammy Award winning artist just released his critically acclaimed seventh album FINDING FOREVER, which debut at #1 on Billboard 200 Album Chart. Additionally, he made his acting debut earlier in the year co-starring opposite Jeremy Piven, Ben Affleck, and Ryan Reynolds in "SMOKIN' ACES" for Universal Pictures. In November 2007, he'll co-star opposite Denzel Washington in "AMERICAN GANGSTER", Directed by Ridley Scott. He recently wrapped filming on "WANTED" with co-stars Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie and David Ayer's "THE NIGHT WATCHMAN" starring Keanu Reeves and Forest Whitaker.
Additionally, Common has written children's books. The first one, entitled The MIRROR and ME, teaches lessons of life, the human spirit, and human nature. His follow-up book, I Like You But I Love Me, was recently nominated for an NAACP Image Award, and his third book, M.E. (Mixed Emotions), will be out later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 10/10/07
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.