Columbia Records Signs Jim Jones in Joint Partnership with KOCH
New York, NY -- Rapper and entrepreneur Jim Jones has signed a new deal with Columbia Records. This new deal is a partnership of sorts with KOCH Records. KOCH will still be involved in marketing and radio promotion for Jones, and participate in revenue streams, while Columbia will oversee all aspects of his campaigns.
Jones will have the best of both worlds as the #1 Indie label and one of the most historic major labels team up with him on his upcoming album.
Jones has recorded three albums for KOCH Records: On My Way to Church (2004), Harlem: Diary of a Summer (2005), and Hustler’s P.O.M.E. (Product of My Environment) (2006). Hustler’s P.O.M.E. recently was certified Gold, and spawned his smash hit, “We Fly High.”
KOCH Records President Bob Frank states, “Jim Jones is a superstar and this arrangement positions him in such a way as to maximize the strengths of the #1 Independent KOCH Records and the most storied and historic label in the history of the record business, Columbia Records.
We are thrilled to join forces with KOCH Records on behalf of Jim Jones. We believe in his artistry and are excited about the future,” said Steve Barnett of Columbia Records.
“Jim Jones is the real deal,” added Hip Hop of Columbia Records. “He has been in the game for a minute and is one of the best.”
Written by DJ Z on 10/11/07
You Might Like...
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)