DJBooth.net Interviews Colin Munroe at Hennessy Artistry Showcase [Exclusive Video]
Chicago, Ill. -- Last month, DJBooth.net had the opportunity to attend the Hennessy Artistry Showcase. Held at Chicago venue The Shrine and hosted by Windy City emcee Common, the event included a performance by Lenny Kravitz' daughter, Zoë Kravitz, as well as sets by Booth favorites Jeremih and Colin Munroe, the latter of whom rocked the stage alongside Philly octet The Roots.
After the show, DJBooth sat down for an interview with Munroe, the Ontarian up-and-comer who brought us such reader-approved features as "Piano Lessons" and "Start a War," in addition to earning plaudits for his guest vocals on tracks by Wale ("Bittersweet"), Izza Kizza ("Connect the Dots") and Che Grand ("Too Much Too Soon"). Fresh off a national tour in support of Wale's forthcoming debut album, Attention: Deficit (due out in early November), the buzzmaking singer/songwriter/producer is wrapping up recording on his own freshman set, Don't Think Less of Me.
In the exclusive video below, Colin Munroe gives us the inside scoop on his pre-performance drinking preferences, which #1 hitmaker and fellow Toronto resident just might appear on his next single (cough, Drake, cough) and his plans to drop new material in mixtape form prior to his debut's arrival on store shelves.
Written by DJ Z on 10/8/09
You Might Like...
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.