DJBooth.net Interviews Colin Munroe at Hennessy Artistry Showcase [Exclusive Video]
Chicago, Ill. -- Last month, DJBooth.net had the opportunity to attend the Hennessy Artistry Showcase. Held at Chicago venue The Shrine and hosted by Windy City emcee Common, the event included a performance by Lenny Kravitz' daughter, Zoë Kravitz, as well as sets by Booth favorites Jeremih and Colin Munroe, the latter of whom rocked the stage alongside Philly octet The Roots.
After the show, DJBooth sat down for an interview with Munroe, the Ontarian up-and-comer who brought us such reader-approved features as "Piano Lessons" and "Start a War," in addition to earning plaudits for his guest vocals on tracks by Wale ("Bittersweet"), Izza Kizza ("Connect the Dots") and Che Grand ("Too Much Too Soon"). Fresh off a national tour in support of Wale's forthcoming debut album, Attention: Deficit (due out in early November), the buzzmaking singer/songwriter/producer is wrapping up recording on his own freshman set, Don't Think Less of Me.
In the exclusive video below, Colin Munroe gives us the inside scoop on his pre-performance drinking preferences, which #1 hitmaker and fellow Toronto resident just might appear on his next single (cough, Drake, cough) and his plans to drop new material in mixtape form prior to his debut's arrival on store shelves.
Written by DJ Z on 10/8/09
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.