Clipse Search Web For Next Mixtape Guest
New York, NY -- Coming off the hottest mixtape release of 2005, Clipse are searching for the web’s best MC to appear on their first mixtape of 2007. To do this, the duo and their label Re-Up Gang/Jive have launched the Clipse Golden Mic Freestyle Battle, an online contest.
Budding MCs can upload video freestyles at the contest site (www.clipseonline.com/micbattle) and choose to represent one of three contest partners (HipHopDX.com, Ballerstatus.com and CarackSpace.com) or act as an independent. The top four freestyles from each category will compete in a round-robin tournament voted on by the public that begins 12/20/06. The MC with the last freestyle standing will be invited to appear on Clipse’s first mixtape of 2007.
On why they chose the Internet to launch their search, Pusha T of Clipse says, "Tapping the net is a great way to reach fans because we feel that u are reaching the truest form of music lover. This promotion caters to the hungry, searching, passionate fan and gives them an outlet to express themselves and be a part of the music they love." Pusha’s keys for freestyle success include, “Honesty - if the listener can feel the honesty, u will lock them in. Metaphors - the better u draw parallels, makes the verse more memorable. Cohesion - Make the freestyle make sense!”
Clipse debuted in 2002 with Lord Willin’, the album that spawned “Grindin,” a thundering, instant classic of gangsta minimalism that stormed the pop charts and sold well over 1 million copies. On 11/28/06, Clipse returned with their highly anticipated sophomore album Hell Hath No Fury, produced entirely by the Neptunes and released through Clipse’s brand new imprint, Re-Up Gang records. Hell Hath No Fury is sure to inspire a legion of new MCs who through the Clipse Golden Mic Freestyle Battle have a platform to get noticed. It will be exciting too see which fan rises to the top and earns a coveted spot on a Clipse mixtape. Visit www.clipseonline.com/micbattle for all contest details.
Written by DJ Z on 12/2/06
You Might Like...
- Win a Copy of Crooked I’s “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop” (Plus Shirts!)
- Spit a Verse Over Tinashe’s “Pretend” for Your Chance to Win $1,000 & More [Booth-Exclusive Contest]
- Green Label Sound Issues Open Call to Awesome Artists (Enter & Win)
- Indie Artist Mistakes: Don’t Hire a Bad Manager (#FVHHC Ticket Giveaway!)
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.