Clinton Sparks Reveals His Top 5 Tracks of the Week
Since the early 2000s, Clinton Sparks has risen to prominence as a musical tastemaker through his work as a producer, songwriter, club/mixtape DJ and television/radio personality, notably pioneering the Get Familiar mixtape series and scoring the #1 worldwide syndicated radio program with Smashtime Radio. Now, the Boston heavyweight has hooked up with DJBooth.net to share his insights with the hip-hop nation in the form of a weekly Top Five Countdown of his current favorite records.
This week, Kanye West's comeback track “Power,” takes top billing, followed by UK phenom Mark Ronson's latest single, “Bang Bang Bang” and Gym Class Heroes frontman Travie McCoy's T-Pain/Gucci Mane/Bruno-Mars-assisted “Billionaire (Remix).” ATL Brave Donnis snags fourth with Fashionably Late cut “Yup,” and Italian DJ/producer CongoRock grabs fifth with “Babylon,” the only selection not previously featured in the Booth.
Tune in next Friday for another Top Five from Clinton Sparks!
1. Kanye West - Power
2. Travie McCoy - Billionaire (Remix)
3. Congorock - Babylon
4. Mark Ronson ft. Q-Tip - Bang Bang Bang
5. Donnis - Yup
Written by Nathan S. on 06/25/10
You Might Like...
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)