Clinton Sparks Reveals His Top 5 Tracks of the Week
Since the early 2000s, Clinton Sparks has risen to prominence as a musical tastemaker through his work as a producer, songwriter, club/mixtape DJ and television/radio personality, notably pioneering the Get Familiar mixtape series and scoring the #1 worldwide syndicated radio program with Smashtime Radio. Now, the Boston heavyweight has hooked up with DJBooth.net to share his insights with the hip-hop nation in the form of a weekly Top Five Countdown of his current favorite records.
This week, Kanye West's comeback track “Power,” takes top billing, followed by UK phenom Mark Ronson's latest single, “Bang Bang Bang” and Gym Class Heroes frontman Travie McCoy's T-Pain/Gucci Mane/Bruno-Mars-assisted “Billionaire (Remix).” ATL Brave Donnis snags fourth with Fashionably Late cut “Yup,” and Italian DJ/producer CongoRock grabs fifth with “Babylon,” the only selection not previously featured in the Booth.
Tune in next Friday for another Top Five from Clinton Sparks!
1. Kanye West - Power
2. Travie McCoy - Billionaire (Remix)
3. Congorock - Babylon
4. Mark Ronson ft. Q-Tip - Bang Bang Bang
5. Donnis - Yup
Written by Nathan S. on 06/25/10
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.