Cingular Customers Can Enjoy Exclusive Performances from their Wireless Phones
NEW YORK, NY -- Cingular Wireless' innovative made-for-mobile concert series, Cingular Sounds Live, is back with a concert line-up that is sure to energize and entertain. Grammy winning Disturbing Tha Peace (DTP) artist Chris "Ludacris" Bridges joined by R&B sensations Bobby Valentino and Shareefa are set to have the crowd dancing at this evening's invitation only event being held at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. As with all Cingular Sounds Live events, the concert is designed to generate content specifically for the mobile environment-and exclusively for Cingular customers.
Cingular Sounds Live is an innovative kick off for the promotion of Ludacris' newest album, "Release Therapy" on Disturbing Tha Peace Records. The new album is scheduled to hit stores on Tuesday, September 26.
"Cingular Sounds Live has been a great success since we first launched the program earlier this year. And in the case of our concert line-up this evening, which features Ludacris, Shareefa and Bobby Valentino, we definitely see it as the best working with the best," said David Garver, executive director of segment marketing and sponsorships, Cingular Wireless. "We are thrilled to create these first-class mobile music events and deliver the exclusive concert footage to our customers on their wireless phones."
Adds Ludacris, "Advanced technology has found a new way to break through to the audience, and DTP is proud to be doing this live concert for the Cingular audience. It seems like almost everyone has a personal cell phone today, from parents to teenagers, and this is such a great way to connect with our audience directly. In many ways, it's almost like having your own private concert."
As part of the Cingular Sounds Live program, Cingular creates, produces and hosts these regular music events throughout the country in which the taped footage from each event is made available as part of the company's Cingular Video™ content offering. Cingular Video is an on-demand streaming video service, which is available to Cingular customers who reside in a 3G market and who have a compatible handset.* To date, Cingular Sounds Live has featured performances by top recording artists such as Rihanna, Pussycat Dolls, Daddy Yankee, Jamie Foxx and LeToya.
Written by DJ Z on 08/31/06
You Might Like...
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.