Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges, His Foundation to Receive 2007 ‘Spirit of Youth’ Award
Chicago, IL -- Award winning musician and actor Chris "Ludacris" Bridges and his charitable foundation, The Ludacris Foundation, will receive the National Runaway Switchboard's (NRS) 2007 "Spirit of Youth" award at the annual Spirit of Youth Benefit on Nov. 1 in Chicago. The event serves as the kick-off to November's National Runaway Prevention Month (NRPM).
The "Spirit of Youth" award recognizes individuals and organizations who work to keep America's runaway and at-risk youth safe and off the street. Ludacris voiced his concern for the runaway problem in the lyrics to his 2006 hit "Runaway Love" and demonstrated his commitment to America's youth through his foundation's partnership with NRS.
"Since Ludacris and The Ludacris Foundation have been involved, we have experienced a 50 percent increase in calls to our hotline, and the number of visitors to our Web site has increased more than 60 percent," said Maureen Blaha, NRS executive director.
NRS appreciates the impact Ludacris has had on youth, and so does Ludacris.
"I am extremely happy my association with the National Runaway Switchboard has had a positive impact on reaching out to runaways and potential runaways. When I wrote the song, I wanted young people to know running away from their problems is not the answer and that they did not have to face every problem alone," said Ludacris.
A Place to Call Home
For the sixth straight year, NRS and the National Network for Youth (NNY) have teamed up to sponsor NRPM, a campaign to raise awareness of youth runaway issues and educate Americans about the solutions that help prevent youth from running away.
The theme of this year's NRPM is "A Place to Call Home." It is the idea that every child deserves to live in a physical and emotional haven where their rights are respected and their dreams are allowed to flourish.
Source: National Runaway Switchboard
Written by DJ Z on 10/8/07
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.