Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges, His Foundation to Receive 2007 ‘Spirit of Youth’ Award
Chicago, IL -- Award winning musician and actor Chris "Ludacris" Bridges and his charitable foundation, The Ludacris Foundation, will receive the National Runaway Switchboard's (NRS) 2007 "Spirit of Youth" award at the annual Spirit of Youth Benefit on Nov. 1 in Chicago. The event serves as the kick-off to November's National Runaway Prevention Month (NRPM).
The "Spirit of Youth" award recognizes individuals and organizations who work to keep America's runaway and at-risk youth safe and off the street. Ludacris voiced his concern for the runaway problem in the lyrics to his 2006 hit "Runaway Love" and demonstrated his commitment to America's youth through his foundation's partnership with NRS.
"Since Ludacris and The Ludacris Foundation have been involved, we have experienced a 50 percent increase in calls to our hotline, and the number of visitors to our Web site has increased more than 60 percent," said Maureen Blaha, NRS executive director.
NRS appreciates the impact Ludacris has had on youth, and so does Ludacris.
"I am extremely happy my association with the National Runaway Switchboard has had a positive impact on reaching out to runaways and potential runaways. When I wrote the song, I wanted young people to know running away from their problems is not the answer and that they did not have to face every problem alone," said Ludacris.
A Place to Call Home
For the sixth straight year, NRS and the National Network for Youth (NNY) have teamed up to sponsor NRPM, a campaign to raise awareness of youth runaway issues and educate Americans about the solutions that help prevent youth from running away.
The theme of this year's NRPM is "A Place to Call Home." It is the idea that every child deserves to live in a physical and emotional haven where their rights are respected and their dreams are allowed to flourish.
Source: National Runaway Switchboard
Written by DJ Z on 10/8/07
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.