C-Murder Returns With New Screamin’ 4 Vengeance Album, In Stores March 20
New York, NY -- Buoyed by red-hot single “Posted On Tha Block,” platinum rapper C-Murder returns with Screamin’ 4 Vengeance, a searing collection of hardcore music that features the rapper delivering his signature brand of bone-crushing rap and bluntly addressing the circumstances surrounding his incarceration for a 2002 murder he says he did not commit.
“A lot of people want to know what’s going on with me and what my personal feelings are as far as what I’ve been through the last five years,” C-Murder says from his Louisiana home. He was sentenced to life in prison, but was released when his conviction was overturned. “I expressed it on ‘Posted On Tha Block,’” C-Murder continues. “The public’s getting a basic picture of what I’ve been through, how I feel and what’s going on in my mind from that song.”
Estevan Oriol (D12, Cypress Hill) directed the innovative video for “Posted On Tha Block.” The veteran lensman, who shot the clip in New Orleans and shows the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, used the Dream Sequence program to give the clip a storybook-like feel. C-Murder is under gag order by the court and could not appear in the video, other than still photos, which lead to the innovative use of photography and other assets for the video. Snoop Dogg, a longtime C-Murder friend and collaborator, makes a cameo in the video, which promises to be one of the most talked-about videos of 2007.
Screamin’ 4 Vengeance contains the gritty, confrontational music typical of C-Murder’s classic recordings. Guests on the album include Chamillionaire (“Everybody Gotta Go”), LeToya (“Now That Your Back”), Slim Thug (“Down South”) and Pimp C (“Can’t Stop Me”).
Screamin’ 4 Vengeance also marks the rebirth of Priority Records, the legendary independent label that launched the careers of N.W.A, Ice Cube, Eazy-E, Master P and a host of others.
Written by DJ Z on 02/7/07
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.