BUZ Interactive Unveils First-Ever Web 2.0 Podcast Mixtape
Palo Alto, CA -- BUZ Interactive, an innovator in mobile personalization services, today unveiled the first Web 2.0 podcast mixtape: Step Yo Game Up, Training Day # 1. Several podcasts will feature tracks from multi-platinum artists over the next 2 weeks and will be integrated into a mixtape to be made available the end of August. The mixtape will be the first to feature user generated content (UGC) contributed by consumers who can call a number (found on getabuz.com) to record a voice message or freestyle. The podcast mixtape will also include words of wisdom from hood ambassadors Ant Lava AKA Mr more Famous and OG Daddy V, and author, analyst and Web 2.0 futurist, Joyce A. Schwarz.
BUZ Interactive is the company behind the popular new GETaBUZ service where users can combine their favorite songs with their voice to create custom voicemail greetings for their cell phone or to send to someone else's cell voicemail. BUZ is using the mixtape not only as a promotional vehicle for the GETaBUZ service but also as a platform to demonstrate how technology and music can be combined in creative ways to create new opportunities for brands and artists.
Mixtapes have already established themselves as powerful promotional tools from the streets to corporate suites. Until now, however, they have not embraced the interactivity and dynamic nature of user-generated content. “We broke new ground for the mobile personalization industry earlier this year with the GETaBUZ service and now we're taking that innovation to a new level with a mixtape series that entertains, educates and encourages participation by consumers,” says Steve Ehrlich, VP Marketing at BUZ Interactive.
The podcast mixtape series is available online at myspace.com/getabuz. A mashup of the podcast series will be distributed through various entertainment and promotional mediums and at events in different geographies. To make a recording for potential inclusion on the mixtape, visit getabuz.com for the phone number to call.
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.