Breaking News: Bobby V No Longer Signed to Def Jam or Disturbing The Peace
Chicago, IL -- Today in an exclusive interview with DJBooth.net , singer Bobby V explained that he is no longer signed to either Def Jam or Disturbing The Peace (DTP). The news of Bobby V’s exit comes just three weeks before the release of his new EP, “Come With Me.”
“The decision to leave [the label] was totally mine,” said V. “I sat down with Ludacris and Chaka Zulu, and I explained to them that it was time for me to venture out on my own. They had no problem with it; they are cool with it, no beef at all.”
V released his self-titled debut album under DTP/Def Jam in April 2005, to commercial and popular success, raising high hopes for the (young) crooner. Unfortunately, those expectations were never fully realized as the release of his sophomore LP, “Special Occasion,” was repeatedly pushed back. V was reportedly frustrated with the delays and poor sales of “Special Occasion”, culminating in his decision to leave the labels.
“It was a learning experience for me. The people at both Def Jam and Disturbing The Peace have allowed me to step out on faith and do my own thing,” said V.
V went on to state that he has no immediate plans to join another label and currently plans to work independently.
For more on V and his relationship with Def Jam and DTP, DJBooth will release the full audio and text interview on Friday, April 11.
Written by DJ Z on 04/9/08
You Might Like...
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)