Brandy Celebrates “Two Eleven” With Huge NYC Show
New York’s weather forecast saw plenty of heavy rain and winds on October 15, but that didn’t stop Brandy from shutting down the Best Buy Theater for a legion of devoted fans, who came out to celebrate the release of her sixth studio album, Two Eleven.
The Put It Down singer went old school for most of the show, but still kept it soul with a heart-warming tribute to Whitney Houston that included a dance-medley of the icon’s greatest hits, How Will I Know and I Wanna Dance With Somebody. Clad in an all-black ensemble reminiscent of her days in the 90’s, the R&B diva also performed some of her classics such as Baby, Sitting Up In My Room and I Wanna Be Down, reminding the audience why they fell in love with her voice over 18 years ago.
With her swagger at an all-time high, the Grammy-Award winning artist exuded a new found ferociousness that is evident in all of her latest records like on Wildest Dreams, which undoubtedly makes up for 2008’s less than perfect Human LP. Regardless, Bran-Nu is back to let critics know that even though she’s had some missteps in the past, she’s bringing real R&B back in 2012.
Written by Ru Porter on 10/17/12
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.