Brandy Celebrates “Two Eleven” With Huge NYC Show
New York’s weather forecast saw plenty of heavy rain and winds on October 15, but that didn’t stop Brandy from shutting down the Best Buy Theater for a legion of devoted fans, who came out to celebrate the release of her sixth studio album, Two Eleven.
The Put It Down singer went old school for most of the show, but still kept it soul with a heart-warming tribute to Whitney Houston that included a dance-medley of the icon’s greatest hits, How Will I Know and I Wanna Dance With Somebody. Clad in an all-black ensemble reminiscent of her days in the 90’s, the R&B diva also performed some of her classics such as Baby, Sitting Up In My Room and I Wanna Be Down, reminding the audience why they fell in love with her voice over 18 years ago.
With her swagger at an all-time high, the Grammy-Award winning artist exuded a new found ferociousness that is evident in all of her latest records like on Wildest Dreams, which undoubtedly makes up for 2008’s less than perfect Human LP. Regardless, Bran-Nu is back to let critics know that even though she’s had some missteps in the past, she’s bringing real R&B back in 2012.
Written by Ru Porter on 10/17/12
You Might Like...
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.