Boost Mobile Gets Animated for ‘‘Anthem 2.0’’
Irvine, CA -- What do Kanye West, Ludacris, The Game, Jermaine Dupri, Young Jeezy and Mickey Avalon have in common? Boost Mobile®. The lifestyle-based telecommunications brand and wholly-owned division of Sprint (NYSE: S), today announced the second installment of its highly successful "Anthem" brand campaign, originally debuted at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2004. Titled "Anthem 2.0," the campaign features music tycoon Jermaine Dupri, hip-hop mogul Young Jeezy and crossover rock star Mickey Avalon. The trio has answered the call from the original Anthem artists in an innovative 3D animated music-video-style commercial. The spot also features an original track produced by Dupri with vocals from all three artists, which will begin airing Nov. 26 on MTV, BET, ESPN, COMEDY CENTRAL and other youth-oriented national networks.
Once again, Boost Mobile has partnered with critically acclaimed music video and film director, Chris Robinson to direct the commercial for Anthem 2.0. In 2004, Robinson directed Kanye West, Ludacris and The Game in Boost Mobile's original Anthem commercial where the artists used BoostSM Walkie Talkie service to show off their unprecedented lyrical skill.
In the encore of Boost's highly successful Anthem campaign, Robinson is taking a fresh, innovative approach by exemplifying a rising trend of merging the hip-hop industry with the motion graphics industry as the lyrics and words of the Anthem 2.0 track are brought to life through 2D and 3D animation.
"Viewers will want to watch it several times," said Caralene Robinson, director of brand marketing and entertainment, Boost Mobile. "Anthem 2.0 taps into emotions and senses by bringing the lyrics to life with eye catching visuals and motion graphics."
In the Anthem 2.0 campaign, each artist represents "levels" or "stages" of success. Jermaine Dupri is at the top of his game, a superstar producer, artist and executive in the music business. Multi-platinum artist Young Jeezy is steadily building his entertainment empire with the addition of his apparel line, and Mickey Avalon is the newcomer on the brink of superstardom. The campaign also features Boost Mobile's latest pay-as-you-go handset, the Motorola i425.
Written by DJ Z on 11/27/07
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.