Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s ‘Strength & Loyalty’ Debuts #1 R&B/Hip-Hop and #2 Pop
SANTA MONICA, Calif., -- The strength and loyalty of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony and of their fans are being rewarded as the group's first major label album in five years, Strength & Loyalty (Interscope/Full Surface), released May 8, 2007, has debuted #1 R&B/Hip-hop, #1 Rap and #2 Pop on the Billboard charts, with scanned sales of 119,283. In addition, the album's first single from Layzie Bone, Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone, "I Tried," featuring and produced by Akon, has jumped into the Top 10 of the Hot 100, is a top 10 mobile product at Sprint and T-Mobile and top 15 mobile product at AT&T and Verizon. The next single, "Lil Love," featuring Mariah Carey and Bow Wow (produced by Jermaine Dupri), is already climbing the chart at Rhythm Crossover radio.
"These Midwestern-rap pioneers sound more focused than they have in a decade." (Entertainment Weekly)
"Bone Thugs have fashioned their most energetic and densely worded CD since their mid-'90s peak." (New York Daily News)
Strength & Loyalty, the seventh original full-length release from the genre-defining rappers, features the artists mentioned earlier as well as The Game, Yolanda Adams, Twista and Will.I.Am. Best known for the hits "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" and "1st Of Tha Month" and the double platinum Grammy-winning "Tha Crossroads," and the six times platinum chart-topping albums E 1999 Eternal and quadruple platinum The Art Of War, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony have sold more than 30 million albums to date.
Strength & Loyalty is Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's first album on producer Swizz Beatz's Full Surface label through Interscope Records.
Written by DJ Z on 05/21/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.