Bone Thugs-n-Harmony Reunite for New Album [Exclusive Coverage]
After millions of albums sold, a Grammy and worldwide adulation from fans, the legendary Bone Thugs-n-Harmony are looking stronger than ever for the upcoming release of their ninth studio album Uni5: The Word's Enemy, an album made possible by their reunion with formerly imprisoned fifth member Flesh-n-Bone. In one of their first appearances as a quintet since Flesh-n-Bone's release, the Bone Thugs sat down at a Warner Brothers Records studio in Los Angeles to discuss their reunion and upcoming album.
After his nearly decade long incarceration, it hasn't been easy to seamlessly reincorporate Flesh-n-Bone back into the group. When asked to speak about the process of reuniting and recording an album as a quintet again, Lazy Bone explained that while it hasn't been an easy process, the results have so far been worth the effort.
"Us recording together on this project, I wouldn't say it's been the easiest process in the world. It was a lot of hard work for all of us to get back on the same page after so much time. "The chemistry has always been there but it was more of a challenge than any other album we've done," said Lazy. "It took a lot of thought and calculation to let the world know what we wanted to say and the message we wanted to bring."
(Lazy Bone speaks on the new album)
Throughout the press conference the topic of Flesh-n-Bone's recent release from prison and his reignited dedication the Bone Thugs legacy emerged as a constant theme.
"I've been through the fire, walked through it, made it, and I'm back better than ever," said Flesh. "Not that I'm back I'm gonna deliver, I'm gonna do what I'm supposed to do to raise the bar on whatever type of level to keep this movement [going]."
(Flesh-n-Bone talks about his release from prison and reunion with Bone Thugs)
After the press conference I was able to listen to a sneak preview of the album, and while I can't go into detail, I can say that at first listen it sounds like it might just be some of their best work yet. Uni5: The Word's Enemy is currently slated to drop on December 15 - just in time for Grandma's Christmas present.
To watch video of the entire press conference on RefinedHype.com, click here.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/26/09
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.