Bobby V’s “Special Occasion” on Sept 19th
New York, NY --R&B Sensation and male “Soul of DTP”, Bobby Valentino, returns to the spotlight with the release of his highly anticipated sophomore album, “Special Occasion” which will be released by DTP/Island Def Jam on September 19th. Showcasing his vocal talents through a 14-track masterpiece, the album is beautifully balanced with harmonious, sexy, melodious ballads and mid-tempos synonymous with his signature sound. Valentino’s evolution as one of the most respected songwriters and artists today will be undeniable once listeners get a glimpse of “Special Occasion,” arguably his best body of work to date.
With Valentino co-writing more than three quarters of “Special Occasion,” the new album also boasts songwriting and production credits from award winning hit makers such as Rodney Jerkins, Sean Garrett, Tim & Bob, Bryan Michael Cox and Dre & Vidal. On the heals of success off of the album’s buzz single, “Wreck,” a Sean Garrett produced track where Valentino sings and smoothly rhymes over a catchy, up tempo beat, the album’s soon to be released, first official single will be the Rodney Jerkin’s produced song, “Turn the Page” a heartfelt and emotional ballad about trust, love and taking chances in a relationship.
Singing professionally since the age of 13, the world was first introduced to the sound of Bobby Valentino when he was the lead singer in Organized Noize’s teen vocal group Mista who’s debut single, “Blackberry Molasses” remains a classic to this day. After taking a break to focus on his studies and graduate from Clark Atlanta University, Valentino was later “discovered” by Multi-Platinum and Award Winning rapper Ludacris and business partner, Chaka Zulu (President of DTP). Immediately impressed by Valentino’s talents, DTP signed Valentino and introduced him as a solo artist in 2005 with the release of “Disturbing Tha Peace presents Bobby Valentino.” The album produced the hit single “Slow Down,” making it debut at #1 on the Hip Hop/R & B charts, followed by a second hit single “Tell Me,” which pushed the album to sell over 800,000 copies to date. Additionally, Valentino garnered nominations from the 37th Annual Image Awards for Outstanding New Artist, Soul Train Nominations for Best R&B/Soul Single, Male and Best R&B/Soul or Rap New Artist.
Written by DJ Z on 07/17/06
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.