Bobby V Marks a “Special Occasion” with Apple
New York, NY -- R&B sensation Bobby V will hit Apple stores across America offering up the sexy and heart-felt sounds from his sophomore album “Special Occasion,” which was released May 8th on DTP/Island Def Jam, debuting in the Top 3 on Billboard. As part of June’s Black Music Month, Bobby will treat fans with his live soulful renditions of the hit single “Anonymous” (feat. Timbaland) and other tracks. The crooner of the #1 gold single “Slow Down,” will perform at Apple stores in seven cities, starting on June 1st in his native Atlanta (see itinerary following).
As a co-executive producer on “Special Occasion” and with co-writing credits on more than three quarters of the album, Bobby V showcases his vocal talents and musical influences on 14 tracks, working alongside award-winning hitmakers such as Rodney Jerkins, Sean Garrett, Tim & Bob, Delite, Bryan Michael Cox, and Dre & Vidal. Channeling artists like Babyface with his remake of the classic song “Soon As I Get Home” and other influences like Marvin Gaye, Jodeci, and Boyz II Men, V creates a signature sound of lush ballads and club-ready songs with support from artists like DTP co-founder and executive producer Ludacris, Fabolous, and Timbaland. The Timbaland-produced “Anonymous” already looks to bring another hit for V, heating up the charts, currently standing at #35 on Billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and steadily rising.
Inspired by music from a very young age, first tasting stardom in the teen vocal group Mista (produced by Organized Noize) with the 1996 hit “Blackberry Molasses,” and striking gold as a solo artist with DTP with the 2005 self-titled debut album “Disturbing Tha Peace Presents: Bobby V,” which rose to #1 R&B/#3 pop, was certified RIAA gold, and spawned the #1 gold hit “Slow Down,” Bobby V’s star continues to rise, and “Special Occasion” shows his talent to make him an artist to watch for many years to come. Bobby V’s smooth voice and passionate delivery on “Special Occasion” has already drawn some rave reviews, with the Associated Press comparing him to Keith Sweat and Jodeci, calling “Soon As I Get Home” a “must-have rendition of Babyface’s classic” and USA Today saying “Whether he’s expressing the deepest passion or just playfully wooing, V always does it with gusto.”
Explains V, “Every song on this album is for a Special Occasion, whether you’re by yourself, going to the club or with that special somebody you love,” and Valentino is excited to perform live again and create a “Special Occasion” for fans in each city. Fans can check out www.dtprecords.com for updates on their city.
Bobby V – Apple In-Store Performances
June 1 Atlanta, GA Perimeter Mall
June 7 New York, NY Fifth Avenue
June 12 Chicago, IL North Michigan Avenue
June 16 or 20 Houston, TX TBD
June 21 Dallas, TX NorthPark Center
June 23 Los Angeles, CA TBD
June 27 San Francisco, CA TBD
Written by DJ Z on 05/23/07
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.