Bobby V Foundation Holds Community Event In Honor of Holiday Season
Atlanta, GA -- The Bobby V Foundation has teamed up with the Atlanta Urban Gardening Program (AUPG) to donate fresh vegetables and turkeys to senior community gardeners for the holiday season. The community event will be held on Wednesday, December 3rd, 11:00AM, at the Harriett G. Darnell Senior Multi-Purpose Center (677 Fairburn Road NW Atlanta, GA 30331).
The AUPG is an outreach arm of the University of Georgia in Fulton & DeKalb Counties. Bobby's father is coordinator of AUGP and President of the American Community Gardening Association. According to Bobby Wilson, his son Bobby V "spent his summers as an intern with the AUGP teaching seniors and youth how to grow fresh vegetables in the city." Bobby V states that he enjoys giving back each year because "they gave me so much, a sense of community, respect and admiration for our seniors and youth."
Bobby V will continue in his community efforts later this month by adopting 20 families for the holidays and awarding college scholarships to underprivileged youth, as he has done in past years. Further details on this event and others organized by the Bobby V Foundation will be released in the coming weeks.
For more information on the Bobby V Foundation and the Atlanta Urban Gardening Program (AUGP) log on to www.bobbyvalentinofoundation.org and www.communitygarden.org.
Written by richard on 12/2/08
You Might Like...
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.