Bobby V and Pleasure P Celebrate ’09 With “R&B Takeover” [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, NY -- The New Year is all about making a fresh start, and no one has taken the rejuvenating spirit of 2009 more seriously than Bobby V. The R&B heartthrob, formerly of Ludacris’ Disturbing Tha Peace label on Def Jam, has taken his skyrocketing career into his own hands, starting his own Blu Kolla Dreams imprint under the EMI umbrella.
Saturday night at the Bronx's Lehman Center for the Performing Arts, Bobby V. and Pretty Ricky alumnus Pleasure P set the stage for an “R&B Takeover”
Rappers Jason Fox and Chipz, followed by Konvict Muzik’s latest signee, Robbie Nova, warmed up the crowd for Pleasure P. Upon taking the stage, P orchestrated a fan dance-off to Pretty Ricky’s smash “Grind With Me.” Mingling past group hits like “On the Hotline” with the his own singles “Did You Wrong” and “Boyfriend #2,” Pleasure P raised anticipation for his solo debut, due out in May.
Bobby V then took the stage to raucous applause, glimmering in a diamond-studded chain and belt. He practically glided across the stage in low-riding jeans and a black tank, even bringing up one lucky female to serenade her personally. Dozens of fans screamed as Bobby launched into renditions of the suave, mid-tempo “Slow Down,” his guest spot on Lil Wayne’s hit, “Mrs. Officer,” and the club number “Tell Me.” The star, in addition, showed off his vocal chops on past singles “Anonymous” and “Turn the Page.” When Bobby performed his latest single, the Yung Joc-assisted, “Beep,” audience members were more than happy to sing and clap along.
The Atlanta native plans to release his third album, The Rebirth, on February 10.
Written by Carly on 02/2/09
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.