Bobby Ray Headlines All-Star Show at ATL’s Apache Café [Exclusive Coverage]
Atlanta, GA -- This past Saturday, May 16th, DJBooth.net had the pleasure of seeing some of Atlanta's best and brightest perform at the Apache Café. Booth favorite Bobby Ray (aka B.o.B) headlined a night of musical phenoms, including Playboy Tre, Stanza, Yelawolf, Goldy, and DJ Teknology (producer of Stanza’s recently featured “ATL”).
The venue was already teeming as Teknology took the stage to spin an eclectic variety of tracks, including fan favorites by the night's performers.
Next to grace the stage was up-and-comer Stanza, who showcased his unique and original style with cuts spanning his already extensive catalog. Playboy Tre followed, hyping the crowd up with tracks like “We Are the Robots” and “Liquor Store Mascot.”
Seconds after Yelawolf’s electrifying set ended, the attendees began chanting the headliner's name. Bobby Ray did not disappoint; the ATL native wowed the crowd with his guitar and piano skills as he performed, “Haterz Everywhere We Go”, “Lonely People,” and “Created a Monster." His climatic rendition of critically-acclaimed single “I’ll Be in the Sky” ended the night on an uplifting note.
Though the packed venue left spectators sweating, that didn't detract from the night's incredible performances—as the attendees filed out into the city streets, it was clear that not one among them remained unimpressed.
Written by Sigurd on 05/22/09
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.