Bobby Ray Headlines All-Star Show at ATL’s Apache Café [Exclusive Coverage]
Atlanta, GA -- This past Saturday, May 16th, DJBooth.net had the pleasure of seeing some of Atlanta's best and brightest perform at the Apache Café. Booth favorite Bobby Ray (aka B.o.B) headlined a night of musical phenoms, including Playboy Tre, Stanza, Yelawolf, Goldy, and DJ Teknology (producer of Stanza’s recently featured “ATL”).
The venue was already teeming as Teknology took the stage to spin an eclectic variety of tracks, including fan favorites by the night's performers.
Next to grace the stage was up-and-comer Stanza, who showcased his unique and original style with cuts spanning his already extensive catalog. Playboy Tre followed, hyping the crowd up with tracks like “We Are the Robots” and “Liquor Store Mascot.”
Seconds after Yelawolf’s electrifying set ended, the attendees began chanting the headliner's name. Bobby Ray did not disappoint; the ATL native wowed the crowd with his guitar and piano skills as he performed, “Haterz Everywhere We Go”, “Lonely People,” and “Created a Monster." His climatic rendition of critically-acclaimed single “I’ll Be in the Sky” ended the night on an uplifting note.
Though the packed venue left spectators sweating, that didn't detract from the night's incredible performances—as the attendees filed out into the city streets, it was clear that not one among them remained unimpressed.
Written by Sigurd on 05/22/09
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.