The Multitalented B.o.B Rocks Stage at SOB’s [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, N.Y. – History has proven that it is not easy for artists who refuse to be boxed into a single musical genre. When B.o.B sat down with DJ Z in February, he discussed what it was like to warm up audiences worldwide with his May 25th street album, and build a platform off of which to become a best-selling artist. Well, dear friends, the platinum sales of the Bruno Mars-assisted “Nothin’ on You” have revealed the method to his madness. Fans came from far and wide to attend the performance he put on for New York City at SOBs Monday night. Microphone-ready openers STS and Charles Hamilton readied the crowd for a Mayweather-esque B.o.B, who made his entrance onto the stage like a boxing champ.
After setting the scene with a few teasers and crowd-pleasers, which included the aptly-titled “Mellow Fellow,” a burst of reality hit—this guy is multi-faceted, and can actually play instruments, too. Rock band in tow, Bobby Ray picked up his apparatus and amped up the crowd with acoustic renditions of “I’ll Be In the Sky” and “Champion.” New Yorkers who were not familiar with his savvy, and perhaps knew only of his radio-friendly persona, were introduced to another side of the ATLien, the musician that straps a guitar to his back while passionately screaming his lyrics from the bottom of his heart. Following an encore, he launched into a freestyle over Mobb Deep’s Shook Ones Pt. II. Finally, he sent attendees off with a performance of the breakout hit they had all been waiting to hear.
Written by Erica L. on 04/14/10
You Might Like...
- Win Tickets to See Mick Jenkins & Kirk Knight Live in New York [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.