The Multitalented B.o.B Rocks Stage at SOB’s [Exclusive Coverage]
New York, N.Y. – History has proven that it is not easy for artists who refuse to be boxed into a single musical genre. When B.o.B sat down with DJ Z in February, he discussed what it was like to warm up audiences worldwide with his May 25th street album, and build a platform off of which to become a best-selling artist. Well, dear friends, the platinum sales of the Bruno Mars-assisted “Nothin’ on You” have revealed the method to his madness. Fans came from far and wide to attend the performance he put on for New York City at SOBs Monday night. Microphone-ready openers STS and Charles Hamilton readied the crowd for a Mayweather-esque B.o.B, who made his entrance onto the stage like a boxing champ.
After setting the scene with a few teasers and crowd-pleasers, which included the aptly-titled “Mellow Fellow,” a burst of reality hit—this guy is multi-faceted, and can actually play instruments, too. Rock band in tow, Bobby Ray picked up his apparatus and amped up the crowd with acoustic renditions of “I’ll Be In the Sky” and “Champion.” New Yorkers who were not familiar with his savvy, and perhaps knew only of his radio-friendly persona, were introduced to another side of the ATLien, the musician that straps a guitar to his back while passionately screaming his lyrics from the bottom of his heart. Following an encore, he launched into a freestyle over Mobb Deep’s Shook Ones Pt. II. Finally, he sent attendees off with a performance of the breakout hit they had all been waiting to hear.
Written by Erica L. on 04/14/10
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.