Black Eyed Peas Reach Impressive Achievement; Album Reviewed
New York, NY -- The Black Eyed Peas have made 21st century history with their 12th hit on the Mainstream Top 40 chart. With their first single from The E.N.D., “Boom Boom Pow,” at #1 on the Top 40 chart for four consecutive weeks, The Black Eyed Peas have landed the most Top 40 Mainstream Chart hits this decade, surpassing the Backstreet Boys and Nickelback.
“Boom Boom Pow” has held the #1 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart for nine consecutive weeks. Since its release nine weeks ago, the single has sold over 2.4 million digital downloads.
The video for the second single, “I Gotta Feeling,” directed by Ben Mor (will.i.am’s “A New Day” and John Legend f/ Kanye "Used to Love You”) premiered last week. “I Gotta Feeling” debuts this week on the Top 40 chart, one week before the official add date. The single is featured in the CBS summer-long on air promotional campaign for their new fall schedule.
Written by richard on 06/10/09
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.