Black Eyed Peas Reach Impressive Achievement; Album Reviewed
New York, NY -- The Black Eyed Peas have made 21st century history with their 12th hit on the Mainstream Top 40 chart. With their first single from The E.N.D., “Boom Boom Pow,” at #1 on the Top 40 chart for four consecutive weeks, The Black Eyed Peas have landed the most Top 40 Mainstream Chart hits this decade, surpassing the Backstreet Boys and Nickelback.
“Boom Boom Pow” has held the #1 spot on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart for nine consecutive weeks. Since its release nine weeks ago, the single has sold over 2.4 million digital downloads.
The video for the second single, “I Gotta Feeling,” directed by Ben Mor (will.i.am’s “A New Day” and John Legend f/ Kanye "Used to Love You”) premiered last week. “I Gotta Feeling” debuts this week on the Top 40 chart, one week before the official add date. The single is featured in the CBS summer-long on air promotional campaign for their new fall schedule.
Written by richard on 06/10/09
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.