DJBooth Goes Behind the Scenes With Big K.R.I.T. (Exclusive Video Interview)
New York, N.Y. -- The latest in a long line of up-and-comers to skyrocket to national prominence with a little help from DJBooth.net, Meridian, Mississippi emcee Big K.R.I.T. has come a long way in the span of six short months. Since introducing his Outkast/Goodie Mob-influenced sound to our readers back in February, the Cinematic Music Group/Def Jam signee's cemented himself as an artist to watch by way of a critically-acclaimed breakout mixtape (K.R.I.T Wuz Here, available for streaming and download here!), an exclusive freestyle (Remember the Titans) and numerous featured cuts. Most recently,K.R.I.T. hooked up with a number of fellow rising stars to play a sold-out, DJBooth-sponsored showcase at N.Y.C. venue S.O.B.'s.
Our own Jacques Morel recently caught up with K.R.I.T. at Brooklyn's Factory Studios, during the filming of the official video for Laws' "Hold You Down (Remix)" (also featuring Emilio Rojas). In the exclusive video interview below, the artist gives us the inside scoop on his drinking habits, the experience of recording at the studio of jazz legend Herbie Hancock, and the effects of his Southern accent on women in the Big Apple.
Readers should also be sure to check out JookS' exclusive video interview with Laws, featured earlier this week!
Written by JookS on 08/6/10
You Might Like...
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.