Big Boi & Scar Celebrate Pressing Play Too
ATLANTA, GA -- Purple Ribbon Entertainment label head Big Boi and his R&B/Soul protege Scar, celebrate in the success of Diddy's newly released CD "Press Play". Both Big Boi and Scar contributed to the song, "Wanna Move", which also features Ciara. The album debuted at the top of the charts last week with approximately 170,000 CD's sold, the first time Diddy's held the #1 spot in almost a decade. "To be a new artist and involved on a project with two living legends is a good look," says Scar. "I've always had the utmost respect for both Big and Diddy and all that they've been able to accomplish in this industry. I look forward to having the same impact with my career."
Scar, who displayed his talents on the self-penned cuts, "U Got Me!!!" and "What Is This" featuring Cee-Lo of Gnarls Barkley/Goodie Mob, on the critically acclaimed compilation, "Big Boi Presents...Got Purp? Vol. II," also lent his writing and vocal skills to the memorable marching band single, "Morris Brown" from OutKast's recent disc "Idlewild." In addition to putting the finishing touches on his upcoming debut album "Scar'd 4 Life," the Mississippi-native has been busy performing at shows throughout the country as well as making appearances on high profile shows such as The View, Ellen DeGeneres, Letterman and MTV's TRL with OutKast.
In his milestone career, Big Boi, a member of the multi-platinum selling, Grammy Award winning, trendsetting duo known as OutKast, has always brought the funk; so it comes as no surprise that he would build his label on that same foundation and choose artists that reflect that very quality. "Scar is hybrid-funk, but his voice is so classy and so clean," says Big Boi. "He’s really my secret weapon. He’s a dope writer, a great all around performer and a talented musician. He’s got a story to tell."
Written by DJ Z on 11/2/06
You Might Like...
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.