B.G. & Chopper City Boyz Set to Release “We Got This” Through Koch
New York, NY -- Hip hop livin’ legend B.G. and rising stars The Chopper City Boyz are set to release their debut album, We Got This on February 27, 2007 through KOCH Records / Chopper City Records.
The Chopper City Boyz, comprised of Sniper, VL Mike, Hakim (aka Hakizzle) and Gar — all grew up together in New Orleans, the very same city that spawned B.G. and the bling-era of hip-hop. Poised to make their first mark on the hip-hop world, The Chopper City Boyz’ Hakim, B.G.’s younger brother, has already appeared on tracks by B.G., Turk, Mac 10 and Lil’ Wayne. The members of the group have also appeared on B.G.’s last 4 studio albums released through Chopper City/KOCH.
The first single from We Got This, “Make Em Mad,” was produced by David Banner and is starting to quickly gather traction at radio. The single was #3 Most Added in its first week at radio. The video for “Make ‘Em Mad” was shot in Atlanta and directed by The Terrero Brothers aka Jesse & Ulysses Terrero, who together have directed videos for Nas, Young Jeezy, and many more.
“After being in the game for 12 years, I’m introducing my new group,” says B.G. “The Chopper City Boyz are the next step in the Chopper City movement. Since the breakup of my super group The Hot Boyz, there’s been a lack of talented real hip hop groups from the South. The Chopper City Boyz are gonna change all that.”
Written by DJ Z on 01/9/07
You Might Like...
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.