Beyoncé Makes Donation of $100k to Ike Relief Fund to Aid Texas Victims of Hurricane
Houston, TX-- R&B megastar Beyoncé Knowles has made a personal donation of $100,000 to the Gulf Coast Ike Relief Fund, a venture established at the request of Houston Mayor Bill White to help provide food, shelter and other unmet human needs for victims of Hurricane Ike primarily in Galveston, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Harris and Montgomery counties.
In addition, the singer is currently organizing a fundraising benefit for Hurricane Ike Relief through the Survivor Foundation, with full details to be announced.
To learn more, visit www.ghcf.com and www.thesurvivorfoundation.com.
Written by richard on 10/15/08
You Might Like...
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.