Beyoncé Makes Donation of $100k to Ike Relief Fund to Aid Texas Victims of Hurricane
Houston, TX-- R&B megastar Beyoncé Knowles has made a personal donation of $100,000 to the Gulf Coast Ike Relief Fund, a venture established at the request of Houston Mayor Bill White to help provide food, shelter and other unmet human needs for victims of Hurricane Ike primarily in Galveston, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Harris and Montgomery counties.
In addition, the singer is currently organizing a fundraising benefit for Hurricane Ike Relief through the Survivor Foundation, with full details to be announced.
To learn more, visit www.ghcf.com and www.thesurvivorfoundation.com.
Written by richard on 10/15/08
You Might Like...
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.