The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
We've tallied the votes, and the results are in! In December we put a call out to you, our global community of readers, DJs and tastemakers, asking for your take on who and what made hip-hop music great in 2013.
Over the course of the month, over 22,000 ballots were cast for the songs, artists, and albums that defined the year in urban music. You spoke, and we listened—now, we are very proud to present the 2013 Best of the Booth winners!
Jump to a Category:
Best Crossover Record of 2013
Best Remix Record of 2013
Best Club Anthem of 2013
Best Street Banger of 2013
Best Collaboration Record of 2013
Best R&B/Pop Record (Unsigned/Independent) of 2013
Best R&B/Pop Record (Mainstream) of 2013
Best Hip Hop Record (Mainstream) of 2013
Best Mixtape/Street Album of 2013
Best Hip Hop Album (Unsigned/Independent) of 2013
Best Hip-Hop Album (Mainstream) of 2013
Best R&B/Pop Album of 2013
Best New Artist (Signed) of 2013
Best New Artist (Unsigned/Independent) of 2013
Breaking Through in 2014
Best DJ of 2013
Best Producer of 2013
Best Emcee of 2013
Written by richard on 01/6/14
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.