Behind the Booth: 5 Questions with Web/Graphic Designer Chris Le
New York, NY -- Thus far in our Behind the Booth series, we've brought readers exclusive five-question interviews with a label exec, a CEO, and a high-profile producer. Now, we've posed the same key questions to graphic/web designer Chris Le, founder and owner of C-Le GFX. Though you may not know Le by name, you've undoubtedly encountered his work: since opening up shop in 2003, he's helped many of the game's biggest names add a visual kick to their online presence. In the interview below, Chris Le drops some details on some of his most exciting projects, as well as a few other business ventures he's working on in '09.
What was your first job in the music industry?
My first job is actually my current job in Graphic Designing & Directing. I started out by designing for local artists, which helped me gain a reputation in my area. Later on, I received freelance jobs with The Black Wall Street & Babygrande Records to design print and web work for their stable of artists.
What is your proudest achievement?
My proudest [achievements are] receiving a sales plaque for The Game's L.A.X. world wide sales and working directly with Nas on his online presence.
What projects are you currently working on?
I am currently working on the Rick Ross Deeper than Rap campaign, as well as work with Teairra Mari, Shiest Bubz, Calico, Christina Milian, Game and many other majors.
How can the music industry prosper long term?
I believe the industry can prosper long term if artists deliver good music and have a great marketing campaign for their artists. They also must have effective communication visuals to promote their music in order to prosper long term.
What are your goals for 2009?
My goals are to deliver good visuals, effectively run my new marketing company with my business partner, Andrew Lim, and to release projects from my record label, Newbirth.
Written by richard on 03/24/09
You Might Like...
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.