Behind the Booth: 5 Questions with Ted Lucas of Slip-n-Slide Records
New York, NY -- In mid-February, we kicked off Behind the Booth, a Booth-exclusive series in which we shine the spotlight on some of the music industry's business-side movers-and-shakers, by interviewing Next Selection exec Richie Dollaz. For the second Behind the Booth entry, we have posed the same key questions to Slip-n-Slide Records CEO Ted Lucas. A 16-year veteran of the music game, Lucas currently works with such high-profile artists as Rick Ross, Shonie, and Qwote.
What was your first job in the music industry?
Night Club Promoter
What is your proudest achievement?
Successfully being in the music business for 16 years
What projects are you currently working on?
Getting ready for the Rick Ross album to come out, on April 21, 2009. I am also working on my new R&B artist Shonie and pop artist Qwote.
How can the music industry prosper long term?
Continue to make great quality music.
What are your goals for 2009?
To expand in the entertainment business, in terms of film, sports etc! I want to expand to be recognized as a multifaceted entertainment company and not just a record label!
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!