Behind the Booth: 5 Questions with Ted Lucas of Slip-n-Slide Records
New York, NY -- In mid-February, we kicked off Behind the Booth, a Booth-exclusive series in which we shine the spotlight on some of the music industry's business-side movers-and-shakers, by interviewing Next Selection exec Richie Dollaz. For the second Behind the Booth entry, we have posed the same key questions to Slip-n-Slide Records CEO Ted Lucas. A 16-year veteran of the music game, Lucas currently works with such high-profile artists as Rick Ross, Shonie, and Qwote.
What was your first job in the music industry?
Night Club Promoter
What is your proudest achievement?
Successfully being in the music business for 16 years
What projects are you currently working on?
Getting ready for the Rick Ross album to come out, on April 21, 2009. I am also working on my new R&B artist Shonie and pop artist Qwote.
How can the music industry prosper long term?
Continue to make great quality music.
What are your goals for 2009?
To expand in the entertainment business, in terms of film, sports etc! I want to expand to be recognized as a multifaceted entertainment company and not just a record label!
Written by richard on 03/12/09
You Might Like...
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)