Behind the Booth: 5 Questions with Producer Ty Fyffe
New York, NY -- Last week, we took readers Behind the Booth for an exclusive interview with Grand Hustle in-house beatsmith Lil' C. For the sixth entry in our ongoing series, we asked Ty Fyffe, a producer who's been crafting instrumentals for musical superstars since the early '90s, for his insights into the game. The owner of production company Tybu Productions as well as a West Hempsted, NY recording studio known as The Music Factory, Fyffe recently lent his boardwork to "Hustlers Anthem '09," the second single off Busta Rhymes' forthcoming Back On My B.S. In this exclusive, five-question interview, the veteran producer drops some details on a few of his most exciting current projects and lets readers in on what he hopes to accomplish in '09.
Do producers get the credit they deserve for their work?
What is your proudest achievement?
I’m proud of everything I have done!
What projects are you currently working on?
I am still working with Busta on his B.O.M.B. album, 50 Cent’s New Album (and Video Game, Blood In The Sand), and Red Café’s upcoming [debut] album.
How can the music industry prosper long term?
We need people to continue to make good quality music.
What are your goals for 2009?
I am looking to make Ty Fyffe a household name. I am building the Ty Fyffe Brand with my production company, Tybu Productions and my YouTube Channel: TyFyffeTv
Written by richard on 04/8/09
You Might Like...
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)