Behind the Booth: 5 Questions with Producer Cory Mo
New York, NY -- Earlier this month, we took readers Behind the Booth in an exclusive interview with Ty Fyffe, veteran beatsmith and founder of Tybu Productions. For the seventh entry in our ongoing series, we've asked Cory Mo, a Houston producer who's been lending his boardwork to Dirty South hits since 1999, for his insights into the game. The co-founder of M.A.D. STUDIOZ (with his brother, Mike Mo), Cory has worked with such big-name artists as Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Slim Thug, and Chamillionaire (to name a few), and recently contributed four out of 16 tracks to legendary duo UGK's final album, UGK 4 Life. In this exclusive, five-question interview, Cory Mo drops some details on a few of his most exciting forthcoming projects, and details his sky-high hopes for M.A.D.'s newly-launched Atlanta location.
1. What was your first job in the music industry?
In 1997, I did back up vocals for Big Mike (from the Ghetto Boyz)
What is your proudest achievement?
Contributing four tracks to the final UGK album. It really can't get any better than that!
What projects are you currently working on?
I am at work on Mr. F.A.B's new album, in addition to a few Killer Mike projects.
How can the music industry prosper long term?
Artists (and producers) just need to keep it original and respect those who came before them.
What are your goals for 2009?
To make my presence felt in Atlanta, where I just opened a recording studio, and in Houston where I also own a recording studio!
Written by DJ Z on 04/20/09
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.