Behind the Booth: 5 Questions with Producer Cory Mo
New York, NY -- Earlier this month, we took readers Behind the Booth in an exclusive interview with Ty Fyffe, veteran beatsmith and founder of Tybu Productions. For the seventh entry in our ongoing series, we've asked Cory Mo, a Houston producer who's been lending his boardwork to Dirty South hits since 1999, for his insights into the game. The co-founder of M.A.D. STUDIOZ (with his brother, Mike Mo), Cory has worked with such big-name artists as Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, Slim Thug, and Chamillionaire (to name a few), and recently contributed four out of 16 tracks to legendary duo UGK's final album, UGK 4 Life. In this exclusive, five-question interview, Cory Mo drops some details on a few of his most exciting forthcoming projects, and details his sky-high hopes for M.A.D.'s newly-launched Atlanta location.
1. What was your first job in the music industry?
In 1997, I did back up vocals for Big Mike (from the Ghetto Boyz)
What is your proudest achievement?
Contributing four tracks to the final UGK album. It really can't get any better than that!
What projects are you currently working on?
I am at work on Mr. F.A.B's new album, in addition to a few Killer Mike projects.
How can the music industry prosper long term?
Artists (and producers) just need to keep it original and respect those who came before them.
What are your goals for 2009?
To make my presence felt in Atlanta, where I just opened a recording studio, and in Houston where I also own a recording studio!
Written by DJ Z on 04/20/09
You Might Like...
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)