Bay Area Powerhouse DJ E Rock Returns to Old Stomping Grounds
San Francisco, CA -- E Rock is not a stranger to this country's hip hop landscape, with great opportunities from the ever so popular mixtape game to media outlets such as Sirius Satellite Radio and MTV, E Rock has definitely become a household name you can not deny. Within the past few months, this man has once again proven that there is not one corner you can turn without hearing his name.
Whether he's mixing or hosting, E Rock can now be heard on Clear Channel's KYLD FM (San Francisco) also known as WILD 94.9. E Rock states, "Coming back to WILD wasn't a hard decision to make, this was home to me and still is." With a deep-rooted history in the Bay Area both KYLD and E Rock knew that this venture wouldn't be convoluted at all.
E Rock brings the pulse of nightlife to the airwaves each Friday night with a show called " CLUB 949 " that also features the likes of world class DJ's such as Seattle's DJ Scene, Hollywood's DJ Steve1nder, Sugar Ray's DJ Homicide, and not to mention Las Vegas / Los Angeles heavyweight DJ Vice. "I wanted to bring a real sense of what today's nightlife is about and how it sounds, what it feels like and who's who within it. It is essential to me by doing this show to connect to an audience with a culture that has evolved into a lifestyle." Adds E Rock.
In addition to "CLUB 94.9" E Rock can also be heard hosting the Saturday Night Street Party and has also taken the duties of anchoring the weekend on Sunday nights from 6-10 P.M. Alongside of his mainstay at WILD 94.9, E Rock still holds minimal mixshow and on air duties @ Sirius Satellite Radio's SHADE 45 w/ longtime friend & counterpart DJ Whookid.
"To work with such great peers and leaders such as Jazzy Jim Archer & Travis Loughran just makes me eager to come to work each day. Never in a million years would I have imagined to be in this position, especially being able to work here at home in San Francisco is by far the best thing I could ask for in this point of my life." Concludes E Rock.
Written by DJ Z on 09/18/07
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.