Avant Drops iTunes-Exclusive “Sailing” EP
New York, NY - “Sailing,” the new single from platinum-selling Capitol singer-songwriter AVANT, will appear as an iTunes exclusive EP on April 7, 2009. The artist has been on tour since late January in Je'Caryous Johnson's popular stage play Love Overboard, co-starring with KeKe Wyatt, Carl Payne, Karen Malina White and Khalil Kain, and playing remaining runs in California, Texas and Oklahoma through early May.
"Sailing," AVANT's new-style re-invention of the Christopher Cross ballad standard, is already a national Top 20 hit on adult-targeted Urban AC radio, and was the No. 1 most-added song in the format at its release to radio earlier in March. It joins AVANT's long-lived previous single in the Billboard Urban AC airplay Top 20, where "When It Hurts" is currently No. 7 after 28 weeks on the chart, peaking at No. 3.
For the iTunes EP, the album version of "Sailing" is combined with three tracks previously unreleased to the domestic market: "Yes," "You Are More" and "Provocative."
The self-titled album's kick-off single "When It Hurts" also remains on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in the Top 40, after an eight-month chart run, peaking at No. 15. At the turn of the year, a viral video for the album track "Break Ya Back" also created major internet buzz around the album.
More From Avant
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.