Atlantic Recording Artist DG Yola Recovering From Friday Night Shooting
NEW YORK, NY -- Friday night, in a failed robbery attempt, Power Hittas/Atlantic artist DG Yola was shot in the face while he was in his vehicle stopped at a red light. The bullet went through one cheek and out the other. DG Yola is currently recovering at an Atlanta hospital, where doctors are optimistic that he will make a full and speedy recovery. "He is already up and about and writing. Yola ain't gonna let up," his family said in a statement. "We respectfully request privacy and appreciate the well wishes and prayers of Yola's fans during this time."
DG Yola's debut album, "Gutta World," is scheduled to be released this June.
Written by DJ Z on 03/27/07
You Might Like...
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.