Atlantic Recording Artist DG Yola Recovering From Friday Night Shooting
NEW YORK, NY -- Friday night, in a failed robbery attempt, Power Hittas/Atlantic artist DG Yola was shot in the face while he was in his vehicle stopped at a red light. The bullet went through one cheek and out the other. DG Yola is currently recovering at an Atlanta hospital, where doctors are optimistic that he will make a full and speedy recovery. "He is already up and about and writing. Yola ain't gonna let up," his family said in a statement. "We respectfully request privacy and appreciate the well wishes and prayers of Yola's fans during this time."
DG Yola's debut album, "Gutta World," is scheduled to be released this June.
Written by DJ Z on 03/27/07
You Might Like...
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.