Atlantic Recording Artist DG Yola Recovering From Friday Night Shooting
NEW YORK, NY -- Friday night, in a failed robbery attempt, Power Hittas/Atlantic artist DG Yola was shot in the face while he was in his vehicle stopped at a red light. The bullet went through one cheek and out the other. DG Yola is currently recovering at an Atlanta hospital, where doctors are optimistic that he will make a full and speedy recovery. "He is already up and about and writing. Yola ain't gonna let up," his family said in a statement. "We respectfully request privacy and appreciate the well wishes and prayers of Yola's fans during this time."
DG Yola's debut album, "Gutta World," is scheduled to be released this June.
Written by DJ Z on 03/27/07
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.