Atlantic Recording Artist DG Yola Recovering From Friday Night Shooting
NEW YORK, NY -- Friday night, in a failed robbery attempt, Power Hittas/Atlantic artist DG Yola was shot in the face while he was in his vehicle stopped at a red light. The bullet went through one cheek and out the other. DG Yola is currently recovering at an Atlanta hospital, where doctors are optimistic that he will make a full and speedy recovery. "He is already up and about and writing. Yola ain't gonna let up," his family said in a statement. "We respectfully request privacy and appreciate the well wishes and prayers of Yola's fans during this time."
DG Yola's debut album, "Gutta World," is scheduled to be released this June.
Written by DJ Z on 03/27/07
You Might Like...
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.