CyHi Da Prynce, Thurz, Project Pat & More Rock DJBooth’s ATL Indie Fest Stage
Atlanta, Ga. -- While the South has produced some of the most prominent emcees of the past few years, nowhere seems more like a goldmine than the Mecca of the south, Atlanta. As hundreds of Hip-Hop lovers and artists came together for DJBooth's stage at the ATL Indie Hip-Hop Fest, the DJ set the tempo early playing some of that classic Outkast to get the southern spirit in the atmosphere.
As the rain started failing outside, more people ran into the building to hear some of the A’s exciting upcomers like Jarren Benton, The Dreamer (from Hollyweerd), a planking Grip Playaz, and many more. Whether people were “cooking” to Jarren Benton’s "Justin Bieber," dancing to a dubstep remixed version of Grip’s "Jockin," or getting heavy to west coaster Thurz' "Los Angeles," there wasn't one dull moment for the assembled Hip-Hop enthusiasts.
As the night went on, Jackie Chain kept the crowd "Rollin" as he set up the stage for some other southerner’s to rep their states. One of the hypest was Project Pat, as he put some south in our mouths with classics like, "Chicken Head," "Raised in the Projects," and many more. While other artists rocked the basement of the club like Sean Falyon and J*Davey, the crowd gave great "Southern Hospitality" as the windy city wind blew in emcee GLC. After performing his classics, the tavern had finally reached its capacity, as Cyhi The Prynce took the stage for the final performance. As a reoccurring member of the Indie Fest, Cyhi gave encouraging words to all the fellow artists, saying he was once in the same position they were and in - now he's traveling the world with Ye. After a monstrous set, you realized that the South is putting their mark on Hip-Hop with not just talent, but with all the support and dedication the fans and artists have for one another. Our sincere thanks to all of the fans and artists who showed up to rock with DJBooth.
More exclusive pics below - all photos by Sheyla Padilla.
Sean Falyon & Dee-1
Go Dreamer (of Hollyweerd)
Written by JRTheWriter on 08/8/11
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.