Asylum Records & MTV2 Present My Block: Chicago - The Soundtrack
MY BLOCK: CHICAGO
ASYLUM RECORDS CD SOUNDTRACK RELEASE AND A “YOUR BLOCK” DIY VIDEO UPLOAD CONTEST ON MTV2.COM
My Block: Chicago Premieres on October 9th at 12 PM ET / PT On MTV2
New York, NY -- MTV2 announced today that Chicago will be the next destination in the groundbreaking MTV News Presents My Block series. From the Hyphy movement in the Bay area, to the chopped and screwed sound in Houston, to the rhythms of Reggaeton in Puerto Rico, the latest episode of My Block follows MTV News’ Sway Calloway to “Do or Die” Chi-Town to explore the sights, sounds and style that represent the Windy City’s biggest hip-hop artists - Common, Twista, Lupe Fiasco, Rhymefest, Shawnna and gets the scoop on “Footworkin’” and “Jukin’.” Set to premiere on Monday, October 9 at 12 PM on MTV2, My Block: Chicago will also serve as the kickoff for a DIY viewer video upload contest on MTV2.com called “Your Block” as well as the release of the Asylum Records My Block: Chicago CD soundtrack on October 10th.
“We are extremely excited to expand on the success of the My Block franchise” stated David Cohn, GM, MTV2. “With My Block: Chicago, the MTV2 Asylum records My Block CD soundtrack and the “Your Block” video upload contest on MTV2.com, we are exposing our viewers to up and coming hip-hop movements exploding locally across the country and letting them put them the spotlight on the music scene in their own communities.”
“Our goal in partnering with MTV2 for My Block: Chicago – The Soundtrack is to please both the true, educated fans of hip-hop as well as the novices new to the game,” stated Todd Moscowitz, President ofAsylum Records. “Just like the critically acclaimed series, the MTV2 My Block soundtracks will take fans on a ride through the past, present and future of a city’s hip-hop history, lifestyle, and culture.”
Asylum Records and MT2 Presents My Block: Chicago – The Soundtrack
For the first time ever, MTV2, together with Asylum records, will release a My Block: Chicago – The Soundtrack on October 10th and feature 15 tracks by some of the hottest and most respected artists from the Windy City including Common, Lupe Fiasco, Twista, Kanye West, and much, much more. MTV’s My Block: Chicago – The Soundtrack showcases essential tracks from Chicago’s celebrated hip-hop history as well as exciting, fresh new sounds from the streets of Chi-town. The first single from My Block: Chicago – The Soundtrack is “Got What You Need” by one of Chicago’s hottest MC’s on the rise, Gemini.
1. “I Gotcha” – Lupe Fiasco
2. “Let’s Get It Poppin’” – GLC
3. “Girl Tonight” – Twista featuring Trey Songs
4. “Candy” – Gemini
5. “Bullet” – Rhymefest featuring Citizen Cope
6. “Pills” – Lupe Fiasco
7. “Po Pimp” – Do or Die featuring Twista
8. “Gangsta” – Speedknot Mobstaz
9. “Overnight Celebrity” – Twista featuring Kanye West
10. “Hay” – Crucial Conflict
11. “Got What You Need” – Gemini
12. “In tha Chi” – Shawnaa featuring Johnny P. and Syleena Johnson
13. “Go” – Common
14. “South Side” – Gemini
15. “Money and Murder” – Speedknot Mobstaz featuring Twista
Written by DJ Z on 10/9/06
You Might Like...
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)