ArtOfficial Reveals Their “Grand Design” (Exclusive Video)
After tackling The Beatles (Happiness is a Warm Gun), Jay-Z (Show Me What You Got), Jimi Hendrix (Voodoo Child) and many more, for ArtOfficial's latest offering the Miami-based live hip-hop crew has turned to a more unorthodox source of inspiration for their new track Grand Design - Radiohead. On Grand Design ArtOfficial takes the ecclectic and experimental English group's Talk Show Host and flips it into a quietly somber hip-hop cut full of slowly unwinding horn lines and, of course, always on point lyricism. If they can tackle Radiohead like this, frankly there's nothing they can't make sound dope.
Be sure to stay tuned for more exclusive footage as ArtOfficial prepares to unleash their free project "The Payback" upon the world April 23.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/25/10
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.