Andre 3000 Releases Soundtrack to New Animated Series
New York, NY -- The music from the critically praised animated series Class of 3000 has jumped from the TV into your home. Executive produced by André “3000” Benjamin the soundtrack Class of 3000: Music Volume One will be in-stores July 3, 2007.
On the heels of kicking off an eagerly awaited second season of Class of 3000, André “3000” Benjamin selected 14 of the songs he exclusively wrote and produced for the show. The songs feature the voices of the kids/characters from the innovative series, including the kids’ music teacher’s, Sunny Bridges, who borrows his voice from Andre 3000 himself. All the songs were heard throughout the episodes of the highly rated first season of the Cartoon Network original show. Class of 3000, which was created by executive producers Thomas W. Lynch (Romeo!) and André “3000” Benjamin, premiered in November 2006 and quickly won over both critics and the masses alike garnering one of the network’s highest rated original series debut.
Set to the backdrop of Atlanta, Class of 3000 follows international music star Sunny Bridges, voiced by Benjamin, who gave up his flourishing music career to teach a group of gifted musical prodigies at his alma mater, the Westley School for the Performing Arts. New episodes of the series air Thursday at 7 p.m. (ET, PT) on Cartoon Network.
André “3000” Benjamin is known world-wide as one-half of the multi-Grammy winning musical group OutKast. His acting career includes roles in the upcoming feature films Semi-Pro, starring Will Ferrell and Battle in Seattle due out later this year co-starring Charlize Theron. He has also starred in the feature films Idlewild, Four Brothers, Be Cool and Hollywood Homicide. Moxie, his Atlanta-based production company, develops original feature films as well as episodic television.
Listen to "Oh Peanut"
Written by DJ Z on 06/28/07
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.