Album Reviews In Dope Places: Michael Jackson’s “Xscape”
Hopefully the name says it all. Why do album review in your room when there are some many dope places in the world to talk about music? For the inaugural edition of Album Reviews in Dope Places, Nathan Slavik travels to the last known address of Michael Jackson, the home he passed away in, to review MJ's posthumous new album, Xscape.
Or, at least that was the plan. Unfortunately, security wasn't too pleased about us setting up a camera at the front door, so instead we had to sneak around to a back entrance off a side street. So it's short, but it was plenty of time to let the world know that Xscape is the album we hoped to get. Now let's just hope it's the last album we ever hear from MJ.
RIP to the King of Pop.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]
Written by Nathan S. on 05/26/14
Featured In This Article
You Might Like...
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.