Album Reviews In Dope Places: Michael Jackson’s “Xscape”
Hopefully the name says it all. Why do album review in your room when there are some many dope places in the world to talk about music? For the inaugural edition of Album Reviews in Dope Places, Nathan Slavik travels to the last known address of Michael Jackson, the home he passed away in, to review MJ's posthumous new album, Xscape.
Or, at least that was the plan. Unfortunately, security wasn't too pleased about us setting up a camera at the front door, so instead we had to sneak around to a back entrance off a side street. So it's short, but it was plenty of time to let the world know that Xscape is the album we hoped to get. Now let's just hope it's the last album we ever hear from MJ.
RIP to the King of Pop.
[Nathan S. is the managing editor of The DJBooth and writer. He also occasionally talks in podcast form and appears on RevoltTV. His beard is awesome. This is his Twitter.]
Written by Nathan S. on 05/26/14
Featured In This Article
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.