Akon’s “Smack That” Makes Historic Leap
New York, NY -- Upfront Konvict/SRC/Universal Motown multi-platinum recording star and much sought after producer and songwriter, Akon, makes history with his new single “Smack That” featuring Eminem jumping 88 spots, from #95 to #7 on Billboard’s Hot 100 chart this week. “Smack That” is also one of the top 10 fastest growing songs at Top 40 radio. The monstrous leaps is fueled by the single’s #6 debut on Billboard’s “Hot Digital Songs” chart with 67,000 downloads sold in it’s first week.
“Smack That” is one of the two lead singles from Akon’s forthcoming sophomore disc, Konvicted, due out November 21, 2006. The single has already been the #1 most added song at rhythmic and crossover radio and has been listened to more than three million times in one month on Akon’s myspace page (myspace.com/akon). Akon’s other lead single, “I Wanna Love You” features Snoop Dogg and is seeing a considerable amount of attention as well.
Akon scored unprecedented success, both here and abroad, with his multi-format smash hit singles “Locked Up” and “Lonely” from his multi- platinum debut release, Trouble. He’s produced hit songs for hot rapper Young Jeezy and his own top- selling R&B artist T- Pain. He has recently worked in the studio with Elton John and Gwen Stefani and will be debuting several breakout artists on his newly developed label, Konlive.
The following is the track listing for Konvicted:
1. Shake Down
2. Blown Away feat. Styles P
3. Smack That feat. Eminem
4. I Wanna Love You feat. Snoop Dogg
6. Never Took the Time
7. Mama Africa
8. Don't Matter
9. I Can’t Wait
10.Once in a While
11.Tired of Runnin
Written by DJ Z on 10/9/06
You Might Like...
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.