Exclusive AC3 Video Interview: Jon Hope
Atlanta, Ga. -- Last weekend, many of hip-hop's hottest emerging talents gathered in ATL for 2010's AC3 festival, which included a star-studded showcase sponsored by none other than DJBooth.net (click here to read Sig's exclusive coverage, with video!). For the first in a series of backstage interviews shining the spotlight on the up-and-coming artists who took part, DJ "Z" sits down with Jon Hope, the Providence, Rhode Island representative (and freestyle series contributor) who just hooked up with the Booth to drop his WaterFire: Collection of Emotions street album.
In the exclusive video interview below, Jon Hope discusses the opportunities online venues like DJBooth offer to artists buzzing below the radar, the pros and cons of living in a city not yet known for its hip-hop scene, and why he thinks WaterFire just might be the project that takes his career to the next level.
Check back with us tomorrow for another exclusive backstage interview!
Written by richard on 10/18/10
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.