ABSOLUT(R) Partners With Kanye West For Glow In The Dark Tour
New York, NY -- ABSOLUT(R) VODKA, the most influential spirits brand in the world, announces a collaboration with musical genius and 10x GRAMMY(R) award-winning artist Kanye West that will join two icons of style together for a series of projects throughout 2008. Their creative ventures begin with sponsorship of the Glow in the Dark Tour 2008 Ignited By ABSOLUT 100, and will continue as West works with the brand to bring his signature style into nightlife arenas and marketing campaigns in a daring and provocative fashion. As part of the brand's 'In An ABSOLUT World' advertising campaign, West, along with other artistic luminaries, will share his vision of life in an ABSOLUT World through online testimonials and interpretations.
"I have a lot of respect and admiration for a brand that was so ahead of its time in terms of seeing the value of collaborating with the creative community to express a unique vision of ABSOLUT. This is a brand that has worked with the pre-eminent artists of the 20th Century -- Tom Ford, Andy Warhol, Keith Haring, Helmut Newton. These are individuals who have inspired me in my work, and I feel honored to be a part of this legacy," said Kanye West. "What I'm most excited about is the opportunity to help push ABSOLUT in even more scintillating ways through a collaboration that puts me both in front of and behind the camera."
The Glow in the Dark Tour Ignited By ABSOLUT 100 will kick off in Seattle, WA at Key Arena on April 16, and will visit more than 25 major U.S. cities throughout the spring (please see complete itinerary below.) To create the ultimate experience, Kanye has teamed with I Love All Access to provide his fans with VIP ticket package experiences. For more information, go to kanyeuniversity.com. N.E.R.D., Lupe Fiacso and fellow Def Jam Artist Rihanna will join Kanye on the road.
From San Francisco and Los Angeles to New York City and Washington, DC, ABSOLUT 100 cocktails and bottle service will be featured prominently in the coolest nightclubs, where official after parties will jam into the night. Incorporating elements of the tour and Kanye's renowned design aesthetic into both the club scene and retail locations across the country, ABSOLUT will create a 360-degree experience for Kanye's fan base.
Launched in fall 2007, ABSOLUT 100 is a bold, mixable vodka that stands out and stands up in a cocktail. Its unique black bottle, glossy finish and noticeably smooth taste were the inspiration to partner West together with this stylish spirit.
"ABSOLUT has a long history of working with engaging artists, beginning with Andy Warhol and continuing over the last 27 years. As we usher in a new creative era with our 'In An ABSOLUT World' advertising campaign, we want to work with artists who spark dialogue and inspire people in the 21st Century," said Ian Crystal, Brand Director, ABSOLUT Vodka. "This collaboration with Kanye West, whose creative talents extend far beyond his musical career, will use our collective voice to bring style and excitement to our consumers."
Written by DJ Z on 02/19/08
You Might Like...
- Kendrick Lamar & Ellie Goulding Rock the Bacardi Triangle (Recap & Interview)
- Win Tickets to Chris Webby’s “Chemically Imbalanced” Release Show at SOBs [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Win Tickets to See Joey BadA$$ Live in Florida [Booth-Exclusive Giveaway]
- Allen Stone & The Blueprint For a Great Live Show
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.