Exclusive A3C Video Interview: Young Scolla
Atlanta, Ga. -- On October 7-9, many of hip-hop's hottest emerging talents gathered in ATL for 2010's A3C festival, which included a star-studded showcase sponsored by none other than DJBooth.net (click here to read Sig's exclusive coverage, with video!). For the sixth in a series of backstage interviews, shining the spotlight on the artists who took part, DJ "Z" sits down with Young Scolla, the Detroit native (and freestyle series alum) who recently earned Booth acclaim for mixtape cuts "For Mama" and "Apart."
In this exclusive video interview, Young Scolla discusses, the experience of participating in one of the last true hip-hop festivals, the importance of networking in the music game, and what he's planning on doing with all the dope, unreleased records that didn't make it onto his forthcoming, Booth-sponsored Tears & Triumphs mixtape.
Check back with us next Monday for another exclusive backstage interview!
Written by richard on 10/27/10
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.