A Note From The Editor: Remembering Michael Jackson
Dear DJBooth.net Readers,
It is with great sadness that I write this blog entry. Late Thursday afternoon, after concluding an interview session with The Alchemist, I left my studio and turned my cell phone off silent mode. It was then that I was hit with a barrage of text messages and missed calls, most of which alerted me to the sudden and heartbreaking death of the King of Pop.
In the history of music there has never been another man, women, or group who was or ever will be more influential than Michael Jackson. Though Jackson is not directly responsible for helping me get to where I am today as the co-owner and operator of DJBooth.net, I am certain that his musical mastery, cultural impact, larger than life music videos, and worldly efforts all helped to shape me into the man I am today.
Growing up in the 80's and early 90's, Michael Jackson provided the soundtrack to my youth. The very first cassette tape I owned was Jackson's "Bad" and one of the last CDs I purchased on the very first day it arrived on store shelves was '01's "Invincible." Though Michael's time on Earth has sadly come to an end, his music will live on forever in our lives. Speaking of which, my headphones and his Greatest Hits are calling out to me.
Please feel free to leave your thoughts on the life and career of the single greatest musical icon in the history of the recording industry.
Written by DJ Z on 06/25/09
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.