50 Cent Delays “Self Destruct” to February; Release to Include Movie DVD
New York, NY -- Superstar rapper 50 Cent, who was originally slated to drop his fourth studio album, Before I Self-Destruct, on December 16th, has delayed the release till early 2009, due to an inability to complete the project in time to secure sufficient advertising and retail placement.
Fans will be happy to hear, however, that when the LP does drop, it will be accompanied by a free DVD of a full-length, original film directed by and starring Curtis Jackson himself. Also titled Before I Self-Destruct, the film will follow a city youth as he descends into a life of crime, seeking to avenge the shooting death of his mother.
Those who pick up the deluxe edition of the album will also be treated to a second DVD entitled Two Turntables and a Microphone: The Life and Death of Jam Master Jay. The documentary film chronicles the life of the Run-DMC pioneer, who became a close friend and trusted mentor to 50 early in his career.
Written by richard on 11/14/08
You Might Like...
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.