50 Cent Delays “Self Destruct” to February; Release to Include Movie DVD
New York, NY -- Superstar rapper 50 Cent, who was originally slated to drop his fourth studio album, Before I Self-Destruct, on December 16th, has delayed the release till early 2009, due to an inability to complete the project in time to secure sufficient advertising and retail placement.
Fans will be happy to hear, however, that when the LP does drop, it will be accompanied by a free DVD of a full-length, original film directed by and starring Curtis Jackson himself. Also titled Before I Self-Destruct, the film will follow a city youth as he descends into a life of crime, seeking to avenge the shooting death of his mother.
Those who pick up the deluxe edition of the album will also be treated to a second DVD entitled Two Turntables and a Microphone: The Life and Death of Jam Master Jay. The documentary film chronicles the life of the Run-DMC pioneer, who became a close friend and trusted mentor to 50 early in his career.
Written by richard on 11/14/08
You Might Like...
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.