50 Cent Delays “Self Destruct” to February; Release to Include Movie DVD
New York, NY -- Superstar rapper 50 Cent, who was originally slated to drop his fourth studio album, Before I Self-Destruct, on December 16th, has delayed the release till early 2009, due to an inability to complete the project in time to secure sufficient advertising and retail placement.
Fans will be happy to hear, however, that when the LP does drop, it will be accompanied by a free DVD of a full-length, original film directed by and starring Curtis Jackson himself. Also titled Before I Self-Destruct, the film will follow a city youth as he descends into a life of crime, seeking to avenge the shooting death of his mother.
Those who pick up the deluxe edition of the album will also be treated to a second DVD entitled Two Turntables and a Microphone: The Life and Death of Jam Master Jay. The documentary film chronicles the life of the Run-DMC pioneer, who became a close friend and trusted mentor to 50 early in his career.
Written by richard on 11/14/08
You Might Like...
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.