50 Cent AKA ‘Curtis’ Take Over on BET’s Rap City
NEW YORK, NY -- Do not adjust your television sets, 50 Cent will be taking over as celebrity host for RAP CITY, beginning May 29, 2007 through June 2, 2007 @ 5 p.m./ET. In the midst of promoting his third album entitled, "Curtis" and getting ready for a ground-breaking performance at this year's BET AWARDS '07, multi-platinum recording artist 50 Cent breaks all the rules and creates history during his reign on RAP CITY this Black Music Month.
What exactly can RAP CITY viewers look forward to with Curtis in charge? Expect an all-star lineup of guests including G-UNIT star, Tony Yayo; the legendary lyricist KRS-One; hip-hop pioneer Marley Marl and well-renowned DJ Whoo Kid on the turntables. Of course it wouldn't be a RAP CITY show without the top rap videos in the country and a few surprises throughout the week. 50 Cent also sits down with political activist and BET correspondent, Jeff Johnson to discuss all the current "hot" topics affecting the nation of hip- hop. Touching topics, like the use of the "N-word," diversity in rap music, a variety of issues facing the hip-hop community, views on Master P and more- Jeff spares no question and 50 doesn't back down in response. Tune in to see 50 Cent unplugged ... only on BET.
Making its debut in 1989, RAP CITY, is the longest-running rap show in history, providing a full hour of music videos, guest DJ's and celebrity guest appearances. Airing Monday thru Friday at 5:00 pm/ ET, the show is an exclusive showcase for hip hop music videos and features interviews with the most highlighted rap stars of the moment along with memorable freestyles from artists. It's a "must-see" week of RAP CITY - tune in May 29th for the takeover!
Written by DJ Z on 05/25/07
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.