2XL’s Scott Storch Produced Track “Magic City” ft. UNK Making Big Waves
NEW YORK, NY -- Superstar Rap Duo, 2XL, has the industry buzzing with their breakthrough new single, “Magic City,” debuted at #1 as the most added single at rhythmic radio this last week. “Magic City” featuring UNK was produced by mega producer Scott Storch and is the official first single from 2XL’s highly anticipated debut album, “Neighborhood Rapstar,” which will be released by Monopoly Music/Tommy Boy Entertainment on February 20th.
Showcasing their lyrical talents through a 14-track masterpiece which features collaborations with other young emerging artists (Candy Hill, Ak’sent, and Na’Shay), “Neighborhood Rapstar” is the story of two brothers who overcame adversity, using their common love for music to bring their fans a sonically powered album. With writing and production credits on every record, the album also boasts production and co-production credits with hit makers such as Mr. DJ, The Co-Stars, French, Greg Charley, Audio Assassins, Juggernauts and Key Players.
The album’s buzz single, “Kissing Game,” released last summer, set the stage for a major debut with a tremendous amount of airplay in key markets such as Houston, Detroit, Minneapolis and California, followed by their self-produced club single, “Kitty Kat” featuring rap legend, E-40. Other album favorites include the somber “The Chapters”, produced by Audio Assassins, which chronicles their tumultuous lives over a chilling piano, drum-driven beat and “The Hustle’s Gone” produced by Mr. DJ where rapper E-40 returns with his signature standout, lyrical flow. And on the touching, personal record, “Mama Of Mine” produced by French, 2XL sends a tribute to their single mother who was diagnosed with brain cancer in 1996.
Songwriting since the age of ten, 2XL, is emerging as the next generation of superstars to capture the spotlight. With Business smarts, street savvy and an untouchable determination to succeed, Laze and Royal, have one goal in mind: to be viewed and respected as other rap duos that they admire who have paved the way, such as Mobb Deep, Ying Yang Twins and the legendary rap duo, Outkast. Six years in the making, 2XL, is ready to share their story with the world.
Written by DJ Z on 01/18/07
You Might Like...
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.