From Beyoncé to Eminem, Wrapping Up the 2010 Grammys [Video]
Every year I watch the Grammys and get so mad I vow to never watch it again, and then the next year I'm right back in front of the TV swearing again. So basically the Grammys are like a crazy chick that I keep taking back because she promises she's changed and that "next time will be different." Still, I watched every minute of the 52nd annual Grammy Awards and have compiled everything you need to know about last night's festivities into one easy to digest package. Enjoy.
If I had wagered money on the Grammy results (I said "if", gambling is illegal kids) last night would have been a very, very good night for me. As I predicted in my Grammy preview, Beyoncé crushed everyone and walked away with six awards (Best Female R&B Performance, Best Song, etc.) for Single Ladies and Halo, and we also "treated" to a lot of Taylor Swift, coupled with a complete absence of Kanye West. America's still apparently pissed about the "I'm a let you finish..." fiasco.
As I also brilliantly called, Jay-Z swept the major rap awards, walking away with Best Rap Solo Performance for for D.O.A. and Best Rap/Sung Collaboration/Best Rap Song for Run This Town. People love them so Hova. I will admit, though, that I was horribly wrong about Best Rap Album which went to Eminem's Relapse. What can I say? I didn't think there was anyway the traditionally conservative Grammy Committee was going to give an album almost entirely about incest, rape, serial murder and prescription drug abuse an award. I can't front, I did not see that coming.
Was it just me or was this terrible? T-Pain was good, but otherwise this fell completely flat. Maybe it's because Foxx's jacket made him look like one of those Civil War re-enactment nerds.
It's not going to supplant Swagger Like Us and the best Grammy hip-hop performance of all time, but I have to give it up to em, they killed this. Hopefully Wayne' officially got his wanna-be rockstar thing out of his system. Oh, and Kanye was missed on this one. Too bad America still hates him for Taylor Swiftgate.
For more Grammy coverage, including a complete list of the winners and more performance video, check out our extended coverage on RefinedHype.com here.
Written by Nathan S. on 02/1/10
You Might Like...
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.